Thursday, April 5, 2007

A few things you might already know about me but then again why would you.

1) I wander around when I brush my teeth. I find it almost impossible to brush my teeth in the bathroom. If I am forced to, I will pace like a caged animal. It's as though I forget how to make a brushing motion when I am standing still.

2) It is rare that I am actually reading my book on the tram. Secretly, I am watching you.

3) When I am very nervous, I recite parts of 'The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock' underneath my breath.

4) I cannot remember the last time I wore trousers.

5) In my handbag, there is: a tube of mascara; a pink lipstick; eyeliner; a crumpled up easter egg wrapper; a turquoise comb; some loose change and bobby pins; a strip of Panafen Plus; tampons; my wallet' a notebook; a phone; a pencil; a studio photo of Harold from Neighbours; a pen; and The Four Quartets.

6) I will have a macchiatoni or a ristretto, thank you.

7) I refuse to accept that the international standard spelling of "sulphur" is now "sulfur" and will continue to spell it the old-fashioned way.

8) I am terrible at telling jokes (see a few posts previous). But I am very good at making puns.

9) Last night I dreamed that I was forced to sleep on the floor at a holiday retreat while all the couples there were given beds. This morning I woke up with an extremely sore back. I don't think it was a coincidence.

No comments: