Sunday, July 15, 2007

Face... hooked?

I've only been on Facebook for a week and already I feel slightly seedy, unwashed, like an old man in an anorak hanging around a children's soccer game. The stalkerly aspects of that site are outstanding. It's like they've taken the inherent voyeurism and desperation of the internet and upped it by a factor of... a lot. Needless to say, I'm hooked.

That's not the only reason that I've been quiet of late, the other being that I've been run off my feet both socially and professionally*, but it's been the main contributing factor. Also, I've been in a mood to make ridiculous and terrible puns, such as that in the title (sorry!), so I figured it was safer to lay low for a while until the urge passed. I am still waiting for the urge to pass.

Anyway, I guess this is more like a paper-thin excuse for a post than an approximation of the real thing, so I'm going to wrap it up and write when I'm in a more amenable mood. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to check what my friends are getting up to on the in-ter-net...






*If this implies glamourous cocktail parties and business meetings with ballpoint pens and crisp suits, I apologise. The reality is more like sourcing silly fonts in the office and drinking too much cheap wine in an assortment of kitchens. Still, it has a nice ring to it, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy!
your blog's very interesting, i hope you don't mind me placing a link to it on my site:)
cheerio
angusss

Sherriff said...

"like an old man in an anorak hanging around a children's soccer game."

You do have a particular way with the wordings, don't you...

Quite charmed. In a seedy, terrible, stalker-ish way.