Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Let's procrastinate!

Oh my gosh. I just sat down to edit fifteen pages of poetry, and somehow - you know, totally unintentionally - kind of accidentally turned the tv on. And now I remember why I try to avoid tv, because already I've been rendered slack-jawed and glassy-eyed by Victoria Beckham's new show. Forty-three minutes in, and she's reacted with middle-class horror to some wealthy socialites talking about money, used a blow-up sex doll dressed in her clothes to fool the paparazzi, and told a realtor that a $17 million house would be a "death trap" for her children. It's mid-numbingly awful - and awesome.

Admittedly, I've always had kind of a soft spot for Victoria Beckham. She's tacky as all hell, sure, but self-deprecatingly so. I like her for the same reasons I like Pamela Anderson, whose private eye spoof V.I.P is one of television's under-appreciated gems. Maybe I just have a thing for inflatable blondes who send themselves up shamelessly?

Actually, maybe I'm just going through a semi-voyeuristic phase, what with this and the Facebook and all. Am I a bit sick, to be suddenly overly interested in the doings of my friends and tabloid-haunting British footballer's wives? Or can I attribute this to simple procrastination? It's less creepy, so okay... let's do that. Anyway, this television thing is dangerous, but at least it's a step up from dicking around on the internet... oh. Shit.

Better get back to work then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessberg -- just letting you know that 'minutiae' is misspelled in your header. But I'm guessing you've fixed that by now, given that I've just told you.

Keep up the blogging gold,
- j

Jess said...

What? You're drunk, Jono. It's always been spelled that way.

eleanor bloom said...

May I share that I'm getting slightly concerned myself regarding such tendencies...

Not only did I see Posh last night (hey, my tv guide said a movie was on...) but this year I've even started watching Big Brother. Not religiously mind you, but I know their names. (Oh, I hate to even admit to such low brow follies. The shame! The shame!)

Oh, and 'inflatable blondes' - perfect!