Friday, June 8, 2007

Hipster update!

Remember the perfect hipster*? After writing about him, I kept seeing him on various trams, walking along Smith St, and loitering on street corners. And then I was dithering around the internet recently, one vague and aimless day, and I came upon this photo... and this one... and this one... and either he's infiltrated every street pics blog in Melbourne, or I am stalking him now without even realising it.

Can you stalk someone by accident? I wonder, sometimes. Perhaps it is he who is stalking me, so carefully and subtly that I begin to doubt myself when I see him everywhere and assume that I am somehow persuing him. What he has to gain from this, I have no idea, but the perfect hipster is a sneaky beast. And I still find him faintly ridiculous.



*This entry has a very inglorious starting sentence. I suggest that you skip it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrrghhh! That retard is Matt Hutchinson, lead poseur for the Whiskey Go-Gos. He thinks he is such hot shit whereas in reality he looks ridiculous and has a woman's hair.

I don't think you're inadvertently stalking so much as noticing someone who wants to be noticed. Please don't go feeding that flame...

Pusia said...

Two things:

1. Ewww. Look, everything looks aesthetically O.K....but any man that has more than two sets of shoes to compliment skinny jeans, has gone too far.

2. Remember that message I sent you? I had been walking around the Old Town in Warsaw, in a slightly confused, whimsical fashion for hours. I saw some handsome lad in a suit, and he saw me. Not in a 'checking out' kind of way, though.

An hour later I was walking down a perfectly cobble-stoned incline, when I turned around to see Mr McSuit walking behing me, albeit on the other side of the rude. He saw me, looked surprised, gave me a filthy look and quickly turned on his heel to stride back up the street again.

Like, WTF?

(3. Today I was at the anti-Bush protests and I made long, pathetic eyes at a protestor that wasn't Polish and wore volleys. He didn't look back. *Cries*)

Pusia said...

rude=road

I mean, really, Paulina.

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's Paulina in Poland!

I think your 'perfect hipster'* is a Vince Noir wannabe sans the accent. Get real, loser.

*Wish I was a perfect hipster...