Monday, December 24, 2007

High on life. No, seriously.

So right now I am flailing around my room, dancing to Tokyo Police Club, folding pointy origami birds for Georgia (don't ask), and drawing picture of dinosaurs. I just thought I'd mention it because I realised that this thing has been fairly downcast recently... I was also reminded by the lovely Mary K (of course) that life is actually pretty fucking sweet right now. Hence the dancing. Hence the recording of said dancing on teh internets.

Somehow I didn't even realise the date until the last minute, so I popped out today to get some craft supplies and now I am making craft like a motherfucker. I'm a little too broke to buy everyone presents this year, although since two of my housemates work at this bookshop I managed to get a whole lotta books at what I think was a slightly under-the-table discount, but luckily I have friends who find origami monsters and slightly abstract portraits charmingly whimsical. At least to my fact, they do.

Anyway! Dancing around the room, whoo! It's a party for one! Would you believe that I'm stone-cold sober, too? Jober as a sudge! I'm high on life! Maybe also meth! Just kidding! But I am happy, because I get to make things for all my friends, and because this year, which has been stressful and a little wearing but also incredibly professionally and socially fulfilling (props to my student media darlings!), is nearly over, and a shiny new one is on the horizon waiting to be unwrapped. Because someone tried to pick me up at Kmart today. Because I got a job that lets me write things and because I won't have to work in hospitality for at least three months.

So yeah, kittens and rainbows and all that. I have to go now and construct an elaborate diorama for an unnamed housemate featuring an origami paedophile and its loving yet dangerously infantalising mother. I'm heading to the beach for a couple of days, but I'll see you after the break - I hope you get everything you ever wished for!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm well glad to hear it. Merry Christmas, milady. I'll be expecting some origami.

Jono said...

Tokyo Police Club = good times.

Here's wishing you a pointy Chrismukkah, Ladystein!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
Long live ye olde last minute craft efforts!

Pusia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pusia said...

Ah, sorry, I had to get rid of the last comment...because I mentioned a certain someone...and then later sent him the URL of your blog. Smooth.

*waves at certain someone*

Anonymous said...

Someone tried to pick you up at Kmart? Was it a staff member? I've never tried to pick up anyone at work ... maybe I should try my hand at it ... how romantic!

Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling well! Happy belated Christmas, and all that!

Jess said...

Wasn't a staff member, but a frazzled 30-something trying to find a present for (his?) two-year-old girl. He pulled me aside to ask what he should get her then, then attempted to engage in 'banter' for a good ten minutes. Feel free to hit on the unsuspecting public though.