Friday, October 26, 2007

Argh

At the moment, I'm sitting in the office, waiting for a courier who assured me he'd be here first thing in the morning. I just called the courier company, and a very perky lady informed me that he'd be here between twelve and three, she couldn't be more specific. Well, I certainly am glad I got here at 8.30 then!

It's not the most dramatically awful hardship in the history of the world but I'm feeling rather cranky, especially since I rearranged my other work hours yesterday to sit around and wait for this same courier to not come. Now I'm going to have to call in and beg off again, although if I can get the remote access email thingy to actually work then maybe I can work remotely. Grr. It's looking less and less likely that the shipment will actually get to Sydney my Monday without some sort of exhorbitant fee, as well. UNLESS...

Does anyone want to go on a road trip with me? I can't drive but I pick great road trip music, always buy minties and am endlessly entertained by rounds of I Spy and the like. You, me, the open road... we'll roar into the sunset with a song in our hearts and half a dozen 21x22x32 cm boxes in the boot. Beat the jaded, drizzly Melbourne climes for a place where the tans are fake and the pokies light up the sky. Well, it sure as fuck beats sitting around waiting in the office... What do you say?

2 comments:

Pusia said...

STOP TAUNTING ME

Tim Norton said...

I'm in! Just you, me, Lefa and our dog. Now, get to Perth.