Sunday, October 21, 2007

Things I have done today (in no particular order)

- Cleaned red wine off the walls.

- Took a shower without first removing the ice from the bathtub. It was tingly and rather refreshing.

- Filled ten garbage bags with empty beer bottles.

- Ate a solo hungover breakfast of pumpkin cornbread, white beans, spinach, relish and eggs. There's a really good cafe thankfully stumbling distance from my house, so I threw on the cleanest thing I could find and mooned over a newspaper for 45 minutes until my food came.

- Cleaned up assorted pinata detritus, including (wrapped) condoms that Georgia thought would be an amusing touch but which rather added to the generally atmosphere of seediness enveloping the house this morning.

- Spilled wax all down my arm, in a non-kinky way. Stupid candles on stupid hight shelves.

- Received a new bookcase (yay!) and two green bags worth of books as a gift.

- Liaised with similarly debaucherous student media types. Ate saganaki pizza, drank pomegranate-flavoured vodka. Felt remarkably better.

- Made balloon animals; pioneered lascivious ways of achieving the perfect poodle tails.

- Fished around in my cleavage for a winged insect that had inexplicably flown down my top.

- Listed all the things I have done today in anticipation of some sort of memory loss/ sudden decline of mental faculties induced by too many mojitos and too much recovery fried cheese.

- Went to bed. No, wait. Now I have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watermelon and lychee. For next time...

eleanor bloom said...

Actually, the watermelon soaked in vodka is always a good one.

I am guessing that some birthday congrats are in order my dear? Happy Birthday! It appears you had a lovely time, yes? - you must have, there was a pinjata! How could you not!

Jess said...

Actually, it was my housemates' birthdays, but I am more than willing to accept congratulations of any kind. Congratulations for spilling wax on your arm, and not in your hair! Congratulations for cleaning the backyard in record time! etc.

eleanor bloom said...

Oh yes. And they are much more deserving accomplishments than mere breathing, or avoidance of large trucks and myocardial infarctions.

(And yet you got some books out of the occasion! How wonderful!)

Unknown said...

That's it -- we are so renting out that really bad kinky sex wax movie starring Wilhem Dafoe and Madonna.

It's awwwwwwnnnn.